Sunday, January 15, 2012

Snow

As I sit at my kitchen table scribbling this quick entry, there are gloriously white, fluffy water particles gently descending from the sky and collecting in growing piles outside.  I've seen this magical sight before and experienced the hushed peacefulness of snow falling, but never from the comfort of my home.  Watching from cars on the way to the slopes, or on vacation, or at my families cabin in the mountains (which half way counts) all fall short of waking up to it.  This morning I briefly peeked out the window in the midst of groggily turning off my alarm clock and attempting to escape back into the entertaining dream, only to realize the pretty scene outside was better than the story happening in my head.  So I woke up, put on a sweatshirt, grabbed a camera, and ran out the front door to take a picture of all the white on the ground.  Yes, I was that girl. Totally my mothers daughter.  And completely giddy at the sight of snow outside my everyday home.  Then I ran upstairs and announced it to my roommates who were eating breakfast and fully aware of the weather conditions.  They teasingly mocked my CA roots and suggested I take a picture from the balcony too. So I did.  As a result, you get these pictures as postcards from today.  Tomorrow is a holiday so I don't have work, but I'm (secretly) hoping for a huge storm Monday night leaving Seattle no choice but to declare Tuesday a snow day.  Wouldn't that be fun!? I think so too :)



Definitely not taken on our balcony, but fun just the same

1 comment:

  1. ...my favorite line of this post "Totally my mother's daughter" (smile)

    makes a mama proud! hahah

    ReplyDelete