Monday, September 26, 2011

Training

Two weeks is a long time to be on the go.  In fact, since I was only in Seattle for about a week and a half before leaving for DC, I kind of feel like I've been on an extended vacation since I moved.  Now that I'm back with a check list of things to do which include getting over jet lag, unpacking, at least two loads of laundry, grocery shopping, and trying to create some kind of order in my life before diving into an unknown daily routine, I'm finally starting to feel like I actually live in Washington.  Despite the length, training went well.  Seeing the "heart" of the Livingsocial machine for my first two weeks provided a really well rounded understanding of how the company works.  And if you know me, I love to know how things work.  Highlights include meeting my boss and east coast based production team, developing a better understanding of what I will be doing on a day to day basis, experiencing the trendy, fun company culture, sightseeing, spending the weekend in NY, and my free vanilla latte every morning.  I'm looking forward to taking the knowledge and skills learned and putting them to practice in the regional markets assigned to me.  I think that starts tomorrow.  In the meantime, here are a few postcards of the trip...
An everyday sight as I walked across the street from the
Livingsocial offices on my way to lunch

Pedi-cabs to transport employees from one office to another
down the road. Who knew "taxi" rides could be so fun.
DC United soccer game complements of Livingsocial

A stroll across the Brooklyn Bridge
Lunch at Grimaldi's with Galen & Carissa -
seriously spectacular pizza & friends!




1 comment:

  1. I love that getting over jet lag was on your to do list :)

    ReplyDelete