Monday, September 12, 2011

Hindsight into Going Green

Since rolling into the state of WA I have been mesmerized by the greenness of everything.  If my car had an autopilot button I would happily use it so I could stare out the window (instead of at the traffic which I though I’d escaped leaving CA) to watch the passing by of lush forest like, lake filled scenery decorating the side of the freeway. It’s fitting then that people refer to Seattle as the “Emerald City”.  Also fitting is that the specific area I live in is called Green Lake.  So in keeping with the theme of all things green, the title of this blog was born.  My goal is to capture postcard-esque snapshots of adventures, observations, nuances, interesting people, favorite spots and new experiences so you can enjoy the emerald colored journey with me.

In hindsight, the road that brought me to Seattle has had what I’m going to call divine bumpers.  Similar to what a rookie bowler might experience by using bumpers to keep their bowling ball in the lane, over the past year there have been divinely appointed “bumpers” keeping me on the lane to WA.  Looking back now I can totally see why some doors closed along the way leaving me feeling frustrated, stuck, and discouraged.  Now I understand the need and purpose in the waiting period I was so anxious to escape.  Now I’m thankful for time that allowed for the growth and cultivations of treasured friendships.  Now I’m realizing that letting go of what I had despite the uncertainty of what might come next was worth the risk.  And now I’m enjoying the confident excitement of knowing the Lord lead me to Seattle with a plan greater than my own. 

1 comment: