Sunday, March 11, 2012

Greta

Back in November I got a phone call from Kyle, the husband of my good friend Greta, who like all good husbands was brainstorming what to get his wife for Christmas.  He was tossing around the idea of surprising her with a trip to come visit me.  Not only was I totally on board with the incredible thoughtfulness of his gift, but it also meant I was going to get some quality time with my friend.  Complete win, win.
The last weekend of February, in a typical dreary and water logged evening, Greta arrived.  It was her first trip to WA and my first time playing tour guide, which made for moments of undecided wondering and what I considered great fun (I hope she did too :)).  Highlights of the weekend include exploring Pikes Place downtown, walking Green Lake with coffee in hand, the Theo Chocolate Factory tour (which ends in their sampling shop!), and meaningful conversations that accompanied our activities.  I'm so thankful for Greta, for her faithful friendship, for her compassionate heart, for her desire to serve well, and for our time together.  Thanks Kyle for making our weekend of tourism and catching up possible!





2 comments:

  1. Walking Green Lake with coffee in hand. Exercise + coffee = Washingtonian ftw. If Pikes Place didn't do it, I think the aforementioned combination is a Washington experience to its finest.
    Also, chocolate sampling? Yes please. Like Costco, but with guaranteed yummy samples.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for a fabulous weekend Bre!! So glad I was able to come up and see your life up there and spend quality time with you!!

    ReplyDelete