Saturday, June 30, 2012

Tuesday

Last Tuesday I ventured up to Roche Harbor for a friends wedding.  One of many harbors on the San Juan Islands, Roche is tucked away on the most western tip.  Getting there takes 3 hours, including a scenic ferry ride.  Everything about the area, and Roche Harbor specifically, is perfectly picturesque.  Although if I was a local, I'd definitely own a float plane and know how to fly it.  I think I'd feel a little trapped by the journey of getting there.  Regardless, for a two-day mid-week escape it was an ideal adventure.  Here's a few postcards that don't do it justice so I recommend making the trek in person.

Photo from the ferry

Road that leads to the Harbor, a.k.a resort

Focal point of the town

The Harbor at sunset

The beautiful bride

Canada in the distance

No comments:

Post a Comment